Monday, September 11, 2006


Hi Everyone! Just a little blurb today to let you all know what I am up to around here:

I don't buy my family gifts...I buy them livestock. Welcome Mozzerella to the family!! She is a baby pigmy goat. I bought her from a family in Caistor Centre. She was a thank-you to Nicole & Daniel for hosting our engagement party.

Danielle (one of my best friends) and I picked her up one weekend and kept her at Danielle's house for a night so that I could "break" the news to
Daniel & Nicole about what I had bought them. Oh that poor little baby goat. She lost her voice that night because she was crying alllll night. I felt so bad when I picked her up the following day. But, to say the least, she's fit herself into the family pretty good. She gets along with the 3 chickens Nicole has and her best friend is Chloe.


Chloe is Daniel & Nicoles puppy..who by the way, is having puppies :) !! Well thats what we all think anyway. This is how it happened (not "happens"...ahem)

Daniel was supposed to be babysitting Chloe one day. One day where she had just started being in heat! Long (or short haha) story short, Nicole came home to find that Chloe was laying under a tree in the shade with some homely lookin, grubby, flea infested mut. Oh No! Yup anyway, that was the day their puppy got pregnant with puppies. Her due date should be coming up. Actually, the day after they get home from Winnipeg!!!! This is going to be so exciting. So if anyone wants a golden retriever collie, let me know...I'll pass the word on. Chloe is the cutest dog EVER. She is really calm, happy and has a really good natured personality. It's a little early yet, but we'll keep getting to know Mozz. She's adorable too and loves to be cuddled. I just hope that one day, coming soon, I can have my funny farm started.

These are the animals I will have:
-2 horses: 1 for me & 1 for James :) He is soooo cute riding. He's the hottest cowboy EVER!!
-1 pig (not potbelly)
-5 chickens
-1 beef calf
-1 pygmy goat
-A few dogs
-A couple rabbits

That is all...for now. I'll have more once we build our house :) All I do really want though are my horses. I just love riding so much, it's the best thing ever. Danielle has around 7 horses which we go out with every once in a while. I love it. Anyway, I should go...I have this thing called a speech to write ;)

9 comments:

mmichele said...

hmmm....

i will henceforth think of james, always, as my "hot cowboy nephew."

THAT should impress my friends!

mmichele said...

um,
and by the way, if i EVER do something nice for you, PLEASE don't buy me a goat. a candle or hand cream will do nicely, thank you.

Linda said...

I'm with michele. Please, give me a gift certificate to the mall, some socks or even underwear. But no goats!

Anonymous said...

I think Nicole is very lucky to have all these animals. They have been a blessing to her and to us who get to visit and enjoy them.
I can't wait till you get your own funny farm. A girl after my own heart.
mom

Larissa said...

Oh man! What am I going to do with 2 more baby goats... :)

mmichele said...

give them to your mom!

Anonymous said...

ha ha, how did I know that was coming. I'm like these grandparents see, it's nice to see them and nice to leave them behind.
Tena/Mom

Anonymous said...

We love Mozz!!! We had to bring her, Chloe and the chickens to our friends for the weekend. It was sad. I'm glad I don't have chores to do for the week but I'll miss them. I think Dan will too but he won't say.
Thanks!!!

Calgary Lawn Solutions said...

Motzerella is sooo cute!! I want a goat now! I also want a pig!! Pigs all the way!