Hello Everyone!! Greetings from Winnipeg!!!! James and I have landed and arrived safely after a long 22 hours. (I know that all you Ontarians were thinking about it and probably worried sick about us;) Well here are some of the things we saw on the drive...
We began driving Saturday at 7am. It was a really early start, but it was well worth it. We went to bed really late Friday night too so it wasn't a pleasant morning. Althought starting out, it was normal 401 & QEW driving, but it turned more "scenic" after a few hours or so. The leaves really changed the further we drove up North. Very Oh Lah Lah!
OH MAN! Like 7 or 8 hours into the drive, we came across an....idiot. lol. Probably coming home from a summer life at the cottage, a guy had his mattresses strapped onto the top of his "volvoish" vehicle. It was way too funny. Too bad trying to get 7 or 8 hundred kilometres on that tank of gas. haha

Here's just a couple more pic's of what we were looking at most of the time. It was actually mostly rocks and native "rock statues" (I don't really know the correct terminology of them, I just know they get really annoying to look at) We NEVER saw any wild animals. Oh sorry... we saw a poodle on someones front yard, huge black crows all the way there, and a dead fox. Very interesting. Woo Hoo :S

Oh and this right here, in the last picture is.......James and My counselling session helper. We no longer have too many fights in the car because of "bad" driving direction skills. We get to a place and get back no problem. Our GPS is a relationship saver. LOL. We could really rip into eachother sometimes because of these small directional problems we always seemed to come across. Anyway, this is actually the only means of direction we took along on our treck to Winnipeg. We punched in where we wanted to go, and it took us there with no problems.

But, supper is cooking and I am getting hungry. I will continue part 2 tonight....


10 comments:
nice to have you here!
Hey Larissa,
Frank's sister here. I hope you and James made it home safely. You are probably somewhere on the road as I write this.
I wanted to say that it was SO much fun having your family out here. You guys are SO cool and so much fun. I really enjoyed our short shopping excursion to Home Outfitters to buy the impossible gifts for our sibling/in-law. Alisha and Frank really liked your present (I was there when they opened the gift).
In any case I hope all is going well. Say hi to James for me.
Remember...register for your wedding gifts at Home Outfitters!!
Karen
It was fun, wasn't it! Hope to be reading part 2 soon. I guess I should update my blog too eh?
waiting for part II...
Part 2 is coming...soon. I promise
still waiting...
Part 2 coming tomorrow, I PROMISE!!!!
and waiting...
still patiently waiting
SSOOOOOOO are you ever going to tell us what else happened during your time in the best city in Canada (Winnipeg). Tell us about the fun and partying you did on the dance floor at the wedding!!!
Post a Comment