Alright...Winnipeg Blog #2 (and final entry)Here is the much and long awaited second entry to the Winnipeg Blog section. I'm getting kinda tired of talking about it alllll the time since that's what everyone wants to here about. I personally am more interested on how the Honeymoon went. I have not talked to Alisha or Frank yet. Anyways...
I've added a few pic's in here..mostly of me and my sisters. And one extra to show everyone how incredibly boring driving into Manitoba can be. For James and I, it was the first and last time for driving out west. We will never again do it. Not that it wasn't a fun adventure at times...it was just wayyyyy too much driving to do in 1.5 days. If we ever did decide to drive it again though, it will definately be through the states. I here Chicago is a pretty cool city. It's the hottest place to visit right now with the people at my work. Guess you probably have to be legal to have fun though :P..j.j.
Get this! These nails I am chewing in this picture cost me 70 big ones! I could NOT believe that. They looked like crap after 1 day and they said that they wouldn't come off for nothing and that the only way to get them off was to file them away. (run on sentance - i don't care) Well...I proved them wrong. The first 30min of our trek back to Ontario I had every one of them gone. What a freakin rip. Oh well...the prices people pay to look good sometimes. Geeze.

Ok. On a lighter note. I promise I am over the nail thing..cough.
Alisha and Frank looked really good. The day of the wedding was the first time I saw Alisha in her dress. Wow. She said she didn't like her hair, but I thought it was beautiful. They seemed to come together quite nicely, while most of the other things didn't. Oh man! Although it was pretty hectic, the day before and the day of the wedding, it all came together at the end.
It was really nice to see everyone again...the whole family that is. It's nice to see people get a little bit closer each time they are together. Bonding I suppose. lol speaking of a family bond, our family is awesome during wedding receptions. I'm gonna say it....our family was totally the life of the party. I was really impressed to see some people "Get down". People that I thought would never be caught dead out there. haha, highlight of the dance floor had to be Daniel in the train of people, holding on to Brittany, with his cup (full of some alcoholic drink) in his teeth. Everytime he jumped, his drink splashed all over the back of her. Way too funny. Oh and the mosh pit started by Tim. I knew he didn't like dancing, but I guess this is the way he got "down".. It was fun.
The next morning was another story. James and I had planned to get up around 8 and begin driving. Well that didn't happen. We got up around I think 10ish. We were leaving Winnipeg by about 10:30am. We drove until about 8:30pm that night. We had to stop so early because the hail and rain had begun to pour sooooo severely. We could't see the lines in the road or anything. We also hadn't seen any wildlife that day either. Anyway, we got up at 7am and began to drive the rest of the way home. At around 10amish, the hail got really bad again. We managed to barrel through it. We also missed breakfast. That was a total downer. Our counselling mentor (GPS) had the wrong time zone entered in. So, we thought that it was actually 2 hours before what the actual time was. When we got to McDonalds in Thunderbay, we were craving the breakfast menu (I am right now too). We were soooo confused when the menu was lunch. It was only 10am to us...when in reality it was around 12ish. Oh well, I scarfed down my usual. Quarterpounder with cheese no pickle iced tea. Ohh man. That's heaven. lol.
Anyway, I'm kinda bored again of writing about this, considering the drive was quite tedious. But after a long day of driving, we finally arrived back home at 8:30pm. Longest 22 hours ever. But hey, James and I made it alive and still together. Haha. Any other questions about our trek, feel free to ask.
Oh and I almost forgot. We were driving through this little crap town and they have these really cool metal statue/sculptures everywhere. They are like huge horses and stuff. I will post some pictures of them once I get back home. (I'm at work right now) They were really neat. They must have taken days to build and are totally worth all of the effort. The people in that town were kinda mean though. This lady like bit my head off about getting some ice cream. How should I know they are closed for the season if there are no signs posted anywhere!???! That bent me totally outta shape, but anyway....I'm out. I'll blog later.
Oh ps. Sorry if some parts don't make sence. I'll edit at home :)
5 comments:
Shoot...I guess that this blog entry really didn't say anything about the time we were in Winnipeg. I'll write another one sometime.
Great posting!! Frank and Alisha were just at my place for my birthday!! Alisha made me a birthday cake. It was so cute!! In her words 'it looks like a 3 year old made it!' I absolutey loved it and I absolutely love them. I loved them before the wedding but for some reason now that are even more lovable!!!
I agree with the last trip driving out West. Everyone I know from Ontario seems to think it would be fun to drive to Winnipeg. Until they get here and say 'Never again will I drive to Winnipeg!'
Say hi to your cool fiancee for me. Tell him he's cool and the best person to go to Home Outfitters with (by the way your sister purchased a blender today; apparently it blends food and makes juice). Crazy kids they are!!!
Karyn
yes, more about winnipeg, please. and i noticed you preferred the drive more when your destination was WINNIPEG than when it was ONTARIO! maybe the problem is not driving to winnipeg, but driving to ontario, and please remember that you drive through your OWN BORING PROVINCE FOR MOST OF THE WAY!!!
and going through chicago is cool and it is an awesome city, by the way.
Maybe if you had taken an extra day to drive you might have enjoyed it better. And I'll agree with you. Wow did we have fun!
Post a Comment