Hi All! It's been awhile since my last blog, so let me bring you all up to speed with what is going on in my life right now.
First off, James and I had been house hunting for a few months. We weren't really "serious" about buying a house, until we stumbled upon the cutest little thing in the good ol' town of Smithville. We fell in love with it right when we saw the listing. Huge detached garage/shop and complete with finished loft. 3 bedrooms. 1 of which will already be occupied by our "first" ;) Eat in Kitchen, mind you that the cupboards are...ugh...bright blue. Main floor laundy room, that I DO want to move downstairs! Updated Bathroom with huge walk in linen closet. Nice solid deck outside that wraps around 1 side of the house. Pond...even though its only 2 feet x 2 feet. lol. A/c and gas heat. Central Vac...Thanks Opa&Oma! Large Lot and large driveway. Central location that's close to Opa & Oma...Oops sorry, I mean Mom and Dad.
These are some of the things that had drawn us to this house. The outside is aluminum siding which should be painted soon, but it a really cool colour too.
After walking through this house with our real estate agent, mom and dad, and having a second look with all of them plus James' Mom, we knew that this had to be ours! We decided on an offer that night! We called up our real estate agent around 7pm and drove to his place 15min later. We left his house around 10pm and had our offer completed.
The next day we recieved a counter offer. Oh man. We weren't too pleased with what the homeowner had to offer. She only went down a few thousand dollars. So...we started our counter counter offer. Although the homeowner liked what we offered, she counter counter counter offered again. This time, we liked what we saw and we settled. We only had 3 days to waive conditions though. This was kind of pushing it a little. Anyway, last Wednesday the home inspection looked really good and financing was completed so, conditions were waived and we bought our first house!!! Wayyy tooo exciting. It was a really fun experience. Our real estate agent was reallly awesome and patient. Poor guy, must have thought we were idiots with some of the questions we were asking, but how else would we have known.
The MLS listing number has been taken off of the website, so I can't post any pictures of our house after all. I will drive past the house tonight though and take a couple to show everyone.
And as for our wedding goes...we can now accomodate whoever needs a place to stay :)
6 comments:
congratulations!!
auntie m
I'll have to come see it when I come in March.
That's exciting! I can't wait to see it.
yay! you're back!! I'm so excited to see your new house.. I'm hopefully coming home for a few days in January so I'll get the tour then. Send pics!
I've gotta go to the house when it's light outside, so Saturday I will take some pictures and post them for everyone.
Am I missing something? Why am I called Oma? Is it b/c I have a grandbunny?
It is a cute place.
Mom
Post a Comment