Nicole and Daniel along with Caleb came too that night. I'd like to say the only reason was for Brittany's birthday, but it so wasn't. Daniel and Nicole were borrowing my parents Jimmy for the couple weeks they were gone, and the night before Brittany's birthday, the ball joint broke. It really didn't shock me when it happened, because every time you borrow a vehicle, something is bound to get broken. We got the Jimmy towed to my house, thanks to my friend Mike, and the guys began to fix it. It was a pretty busy night actually. My motherinlaw stopped by with Katie. Danielle came later at night. Mike was there helping with the Jimmy. Caleb was around. Christine and Brittany were in the house. Kyle and Nicole were watching the guys. It was good. We had beer, cupcakes and pizza. mmmm...
So I was outside today and started looking around. There were so many stupid weeds growing everywhere. That's basically the only thing that is growing around here really. I pulled out 2 huge piles and I've got to go back out again to pull some more. They grow all in our gravel driveway. We're planning on either paving or doing something with it next year. Gravel driveways suck though. Our house is actually the only one on our whole road that have it.
When I was outside picking these dumb weeds, I noticed that my bean plants don't have these wierd green thingys on them anymore. I was almost going to freak because I thought that the ants had eaten all of the buds, when I saw that instead of those wierd green thingys, there were actual beans on them now! I was so excited. I picked and ate the ones that are big and there are a lot more still growing. I grew the beans seeds in little plastic pots and then transplanted them into the garden once they got big enough. After a couple weeks I noticed a lot of holes in the leaves and they were turning slightly brownish. I looked around and there were sooo many ants around the plants. So, to get rid of them or at least get them to stop eating the plants, I sprayed everything with soapy water. This did the trick.
We live on a corner lot, so we have a road sign pole on the corner of our lawn. Well I guess because that pole is there, so many other people think that they can put their signs up in the same place too. It makes me to mad because when I cut the grass I either have to go around them or flip them over to cut underneath them. These signs are sooo heavy. Sometimes we put them on another street corner or try to hide them, but they always seem to be placed back onto our lawn. Ok, so lets say the township owns that area by the road. They should be the ones cutting the grass there then. It makes that corner look so ugly sometimes. James and I are going to burn them sometime. haha. We want them gone so bad. The big one will be there until the new subdivisions are completed and every one has been bought. This could be for a least another year or so. A few weeks ago there were 3 real estate signs up. All by that Wayne Schilstra. There is also another sign that is like that triangle one, but like 3 times smaller. I think it might still be inside the big one. That's where James last hid it. haha.
9 comments:
Nice post. I say you put the signs in your basement and see how many you can accumulate in 1 month. Maybe if the signs keep disappearing Wayne guy won't put them on your property!
I LOVE Kraft Dinner too! Not sure if I like it better made with butter or milk. Hard decision. Try the 3 cheeses! It's amazing!!!!! I think Kraft Dinner should be incorporated into every meal possiblity!!
The thing with the real estate signs is that he locks them to the pole with a chain. I can't even take them down!
As for KD, I am sooo with you. Either that or it should be on its own as a food group. lol.
mmmm kraft dinner....
Let's have a Kraft Dinner buffet next time you come. All different kinds of KD!!!
I hear chainsaws work wonders at removing things!!! :)
Let's have a Kraft Dinner buffet next time you come. All different kinds of KD!!!
I hear chainsaws work wonders at removing things!!! :)
lol I am SO up for that!
The cupcake looks great-and so does Brittany! I also love it when there are a lot of people around and a lot of activity. I grew up with that, living out there on Ontario st.
As for KD, I can't agree with you there. I really don't like it.
Bolt cutters work well on those chains...... If they were on my property, they'd be gone ASAP. If you can't cut the chains, a can of spray paint works wonders.
That is a great idea uncle Bert!
Post a Comment