Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bathroom

I finished painting the kitchen today. It took me 2 days to do it though! I think it's because kitchen walls have a "film" on them, so I had to do 2 coats. I love the colour!!

I think I want to begin renovating my bathroom next. I plan to paint it a dark orange colour..That sounds yucky, but I can't describe it really. Kind of rusty, autumny, I don't know. Then I want to do the moulding and baseboards white to match the new bathroom accessories. (a tub, sink, and toilet aren't really appliances, so what do you call them?) Anywho, I think I want to just get a pedestal sink because I don't need counter space since I get ready in my bedroom and I have tons of closet space in the bathroom. I want the sink white. I would also like to purchase a new white tub. A drop in if I can find a relatively good priced once, but a soaker tub nonetheless. James and I planned before just to pull out the bath completely and make a big shower with 2 heads and all that jazz. After thinking about it, when we sell, a bathtub could make a difference to some people. Soooo, new tub it is. We will still do the 2 head idea because it's great. James' mom has a bath/shower like that in her new house and it's awesome! We don't need a new toilet just yet, but that will come maybe later on. I'm also thinking glass sliding doors for the bath as well. The whole shower curtain thing isn't working with my cat. He just rips them all the shreads. Flooring we HAVE to do since it's awful stick on tiles, so we'll get that fixed up as well. I guess tomorrow I can start taking the wallpaper border off of the walls and get it ready to paint. I'm in the mood now, so I hope nothing stops me. Actually, I don't have 1 clean dish in my house right now (oops) so I should get on top of that before I do ANYTHING!

Well that's my bathroom idea...so far. Once I get the colour on the walls I'll take a pic. It's a nice deep colourful paint colour, really!

One more thing...I haven't talked to James about it yet, but I have a great idea for our bedroom. Since a bed, tv, a tallboy and a dresser fit kind of "tight" into our bedroom, I was thinking of doing a built-in closet/dresser instead. We have a HUGE closet that is very deep and is the whole width of the bedroom, so if we knocked that out, we could build a very nice unit there. It would give us so much more room and we could even have a little seating area if we went that far! I would just have NO idea where to start for that and who/where I could get it made up. I wonder if Opa is up for a challenge?! :) I will look for ideas and perhaps put something together!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Keep Motivated at it all! Good work! If you need a hand im a phone call away!

Linda said...

If this was June, I'd say you were nesting. Take advantage of all that energy!

Lyd. said...

Hey, your plans sounds great, you must be so exited. I know what colour orange you mean, and i think it will look great! Can't wait to see it sometime!

Anonymous said...

My parents have "burnt orange" in their bathroom. It looks neat. It also has white baseboards which look great. It felt shocking for such a small space but your bathroom is bigger than theirs.
I'm impressed with all this work you're doing. I like it.