Saturday, January 05, 2008

My Little Farm

James and I bought our crib bedding last night. Not all the extra stuff, but just the package with the bumper things, quilt and sheet. It's really cute!! We decided we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby, so this room theme will be perfect for either a girl or boy. Here are some pic's of it.




This is a little cradle that we got from James' aunt and uncle. It's been around the block quite a few times, but cute nonetheless. This will probably go in our room for a bit or in the living room or something.



We also got a huge box of clothes from his aunt and uncle too. I just love handmedowns! We don't have our crib yet, but we don't really want it yet because we haven't finished the floors in the baby's room.


The room is going to be 2 different colours separated with a chair rail. That's the moulding that goes around a room, not quite in the middle of the wall, but a foot lower than that. The top colour will be the tan/off white colour in the bedding and the lower half will be the yellowy colour of the bedding. THe chair rail will be white along with the rest of the moulding in the room. I want to get an indoor shutter for the window as well. HEre's an example.



We also want to get an armoire made up in off white since we don't have a closet for that bedroom. I want it to look like this:


Well those are the plans, we'll be starting soon!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Let's see if you can hold out not knowing the sex of the baby. Good for you.
Love, Granny

Linda said...

Cute bedding! It's such fun getting all that stuff together.

Anonymous said...

Larissa..
That is soooo cute. I want the whole works. Maybe you'll be done with them by the time we have kids and I'll steal it from you.

mmichele said...

i love the farm theme!

Larissa said...

It's ready for you Nicole whenever you need it :)

I'm back...... said...

That is sooo cute. I LOVE it!! Maybe your little boy/girl will grow up wanting to be a farmer!!! I hope things are going well.