Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things and Updates

Good thing I have Kia around to keep those stupid JoHo's away. He would have kept me there forever if it wasn't for her!

Opa was here again today working on framing and hanging in a closet. I can't wait until it's finished.

I had a good birthday yesterday other than the stupid appointments I had to go to. The fam came over for icecream cake (mmmmmmmmmmmmm) and then everyone left because American Idol was starting in half and hour. Gotta love it!

Nicole and I bought baby clothes yesterday. I bought 2 new sleepers from Sears and then she bought a cute outfit from H&M. Then after we picked James up from work we made him come with us into Once Upon a Child. It's second hand childrens clothing. I got a few newborn gender neutral clothes from there. Very cute stuff. My MIL didn't even know that they weren't new.

My thrombo specialist guy said that the swelling and pain in my leg could be chronic. That would friggen suck! He said because I'm young enough, my body might be able to dissolve the clot still. He also said the progress that my leg has made already is good and normal, but he can't say whether or not it will for sure dissolve or turn into scar tissue. I'm hoping that in a couple months it will be better. That's realistic enough to say I think.

I have to get fitted for a compression stocking. The swelling and pain I have right now, that keeps me from walking, is because blood is pooling in my calf. The compression stocking will hopefully minimize that.

I'm hungry and feel like a Timmy's coffee.

8 comments:

mmichele said...

Happy Birthday (from yesterday!) I did think of you!

I really really hope your leg improves. I'm sure you do, too. But I am really hoping and praying for that.

Larissa said...

Thanks Aunt Michele!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Larissa, Glad to hear that you had a good time and hope your leg improves.
Take Care,
Frank

Bert said...

Tell the JoHo's that you shoot every third one, and that the second one JUST left.

Bert said...

Tell the JoHo's that you shoot every third one, and that the second one JUST left.

Linda said...

Happy belated birthday1 I'm glad that you can still enjoy life, despite the bum leg.

I too am praying for a full recovery.

Morgie said...

Mmmmmmm Ice Cream Cake?! Any left?! lol

Anonymous said...

Yah... that cake was good. You explained the leg thing really good. After the appt. I wasn't really sure what exactly came out of it.
I can't wait to see that kid in those clothes. mmm. yaaaay baby!