Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Baby's Room

Opa has been here for the past week and a half helping us finish the baby's room. I'll post before, during and after pictures. The after pictures aren't quite ready yet :) but I'll get them up once everything is completed.


The closet was only 1 single door. We knocked out a second half to make it a full closet. Opa is working on framing it in now.


The painting is not finished yet, but that's the colours the room will be. The 2 colours will be separated by chair rail going around the room.


New trim is needed around the door.


That was the original floor that was in the room when we bought it. The walls in the room were navy blue and there was an orange strip around the tops of the walls.


Opa and James installing the floor. They work very well together!


I think Opa will be hanging the closet doors today. We got bifolds that I will paint white. We were going to go with 2 regular swinging doors, but they would take up too much room.


Floor shot. I like the colour of the floor with the wall colour. This stuff won't scratch from the dog and cat running on it.


The light that my dad put up for us.

So that's about it for now. I'll have more pictures soon because I want the room done asap. I didn't want to buy our crib and change table/dresser before it was finished because we wouldn't have any place to put them.

4 comments:

Alisha said...

lookin good!

Linda said...

Way to go Opa!

rob said...

is opa going to (gasp) PAINT, as well?

Larissa said...

No...That I will finish with the help of James :)