Thursday, April 10, 2008
Jehovah's Annoying Witnesses
Without telling them to get the *$ off my property and being down right rude, is there a nice way to get them to leave in less than 10 seconds? I really don't think so. I tell them I am happy and actively involved in my church...but they respond with "It's always good to keep learning". They want me to take their stupid magazines that deal with the topics of crime...will it ever end?! I don't care. I don't want it. If I don't answer the door, my dog goes crazy forever. I told them I'm busy, they asked with what? Anywho, since we've been here for a year 4 months it's the second time they have come. I'm going to have to put a stop to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
i open the door a crack. talk so that they barely have time to get a word in.
say "thanks for coming. bye!!!!!"
another time i said, "Oh my i feel SO SORRY for you. you have SUCH a legalistic religion! that must be terrible!" and again, you talk fast and loud and you don't let them say much back. they took off really fast after the legalistic thing.
you could also throw a bathrobe over your clothes and say you are naked and have to get dressed. i haven't tried this but i believe it would be effective.
i also said once that i can't control my dog and he bites. that was a quick getaway, too.
oh my. i'll stop with the suggestions, now.
I never have trouble with them. I used to trade them the Banner for their WatchTower magazine but now I just take them and say thank you, have a nice day. They just leave happily. Mrs. Philp asked me once what I do since they always argue with her.
Mom
I never have trouble with them. I used to trade them the Banner for their WatchTower magazine but now I just take them and say thank you, have a nice day. They just leave happily. Mrs. Philp asked me once what I do since they always argue with her.
Mom
Well I think the problem with taking their magazines is that they come back wanting to discuss them. I was also told today to put a blood donor sticker on my door...I wonder if it works.
Or instead of going to the door in a bathrobe just go to the door naked? See how they like that! We have problems with the Jehovah's witnesses here too! Like go away, I have my own religion!
ok...you wanna hear my story=. My best friend Danielle who grew up in the CRC they had problems with Jovies as well and so to get rid of them my friend when asked by the witness what are your believes...she quoted Q & A 1 from Heidelberg Catechesim what is your only comfort in life and death. THE WHOLE THING she receited to them just cuz thats what she was learning at the time...they havent seen a Jehovah witness since
Jackie
I thought I'd give them a chance once and that was tough. They kept coming back. We had an unheated front porch and they (2 women wearing dresses and pantihose) insisted on removing their shoes. We stayed in the front porch to talk (it was -30 outside). Once they started dancing, they made a quick exit. I still giggle when I think of them standing on that icy floor with only pantihose on their feet. I'll bet they got frostbite.
hahahhah
I still like the time that a police cruiser pulled in the lane just as they were trying to start up a conversation. They asked if it was a bad time with skeptical expressions on their faces and then took off real fast. I love it that the local cops take coffee breaks at our place.
Post a Comment