Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend :)

Yesterday was Opa's birthday. After a funeral home visitation, we headed to his place to visit. Oma made a really awesome pound cake, loaded with strawberries and whipping cream. It was soo good! Uncle Bert, Aunt Teresa and the youngest boys were there. We all hung out and talked for a while and then Eric showed up! Unfortunately James, Nicole and I couldn't stay too much longer after that, but it was nice seeing him here safe and sound after his long drive from Winnipeg.

Today is Caleb's birthday. He's the big 15. James and I went to Mom and Dad's place around noon to visit with him and the family. We gave him presents and ate an awesome chocolate cake that Nicole made. It was decorated with candy and everything!

For almost the whole day, Nicole and I were trying to figure out what we could do tonight. It took about 5 hours to plan, but we're going to Stryx Bowling tonight with some friends, Eric and Caleb. It should be a good time...as long as I don't put my back out :) We might end up at Mom and Dad's place again for some drinks or just hanging out afterwards.

Tomorrow we have church. Pastor Steve is baptizing his new son and I hear it's supposed to be a great service. Around 3:30ish, James and I are heading to Niagara Falls. We are checking into our hotel...the Ramada Plaza Fallsview. Dad got us a kick ass room that over looks the Falls. We will be meeting our friends Aaron and Irene there. It's Aaron's birthday and so we are eating at The Keg that overlooks the Falls at 7pm. We plan on doing some swimming at the hotel and just hanging out.

Well, it's time to go bowling. I'm taking a camera, so I hope I remember to take some pictures :) Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

mmichele said...

Sounds like lots of fun! (Except for the funeral visitation part. Kind of funny how you worked it in after the birthday news and before the party. :)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like getting a pat on the back through a post. it was a fun weekend! :) I hope you guys have fun tonight and maybe we'll see you tomorrow sometime!

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you're including Eric in your plans.

Bert said...

Sounds like a great time.

I'm back...... said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I always through Niagara Falls was cheesy until I went there with my mom and sister last year. You stayed in the cool hotel! I'm sooo jealous.

I hope you, baby, and James are doing great! I can't wait to hear what you have.