Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday's and more stuff....

Just thought that I would be the first person to wish Alisha and Frank a Happy Birthday! It's 12am here right now, so...

Happy Birthday Alisha and Frank! I hope you have a great day and night hanging out with family and friends. I wish that we could have stayed long enough to be there, but yah..we couldn't. I know it will most likely not be as much fun without us, but I give you permission to try to have a good time. :)



Today we flew home from Winnipeg. The second I saw Alisha and Gavin (and Aunt Linda), I started bawling. I actually almost lost it a couple of times on the plane just thinking about seeing them..but yah, it actually happened when we took our few steps out of the elevator. I tried to hold it in, really I did.

We had a super good time with our family this weekend. Nicholas and Kim's wedding was amazing! I have SO many stories I remember of Nicholas and I from our younger years. Stories I would have loved to share with everyone at the wedding during the open Mic time, but I was just too chicken shit (and most people probably wouldn't have cared much..but I'll always hold onto them). I'll share a couple now.

1. While we were in Florida with our families camping there, Nicholas and I were playing in Opa and Oma's van. We were playing with the cigarette lighter. Nicholas popped it out and stuck his finger into the hole. Instantly he began to cry. It hurt him pretty bad. Right after that, I followed suit and stuck my finger in it, to see what had happened. We were both crying there together...Good times :)

2. When Uncle George had his shop beside their house, Nicholas and I would always go there and look into the big scrap wood bins to see what kinds of things we could build together. We made tiny rocking chairs, swords etc...you name it, we tried. We also would always bug the secretary there. If I remember right, I believe her name was Verna. We would get file folders, papers, pens..basically anything that we could play office with. I remember it so clearly.

3. Sleep overs together were regular. (I always heard the train...I never got used to that!) We would have so much fun building forts, playing with the little apple computer, quad rides together, catching frogs and tadpoles in the pond and working out in the strawberry fields. I also remember writing a song with him. He played his guitar and I sung. If I looked hard enough, I bet I would still find the tape that we recorded it on.

Anywho, enough with that. I so miss it all after sitting and talking with him this weekend. I am SO glad that we were able to make it out for his wedding. It would have bugged me forever if we weren't able to go. I actually get a weird kind of homesick feeling when I see the Oost's. I miss them all out here. That was totally not supposed to offend the Winnipegger's, we just grew up with them living here..so I still find it, after 4 years, strange without them around.

Gavin is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! If I don't say so myself..I really think he "took" to me SOOO well. Almost right away he was giving him his big open mouth kissy's and smiles. He never cried with me at all...unless it was nap time though and a little crankiness set in. I love that little boy!

Well, it's 12:30 now, I'm kind of tired. I have to get some sleep in before Jaela wakes up. I'll write more thought's maybe tomorrow. I'm so not done talking about this weekend yet!

3 comments:

mmichele said...

it was SO nice to have you here. thanks for bringing jaela by on sunday night. my own special little bonding time.

Alisha said...

Awe, that's so sweet... you made everyone here cry.

Linda said...

It was wonderful having you here. Hope to see you soon again!