Sunday, June 15, 2008

I can taste it!

Relaxation is just around the corner...

The wedding is over with and all the craziness that comes along with being in a bridal party. It was instant relief when we left the hall last night. The business isn't quite over and done with, yet.

Grandma's funeral visitation is tomorrow morning and evening. I don't plan on going in the morning, but will go for a little bit in the evening. James will most likely stay longer. Her funeral is on Tuesday and I think most of that day we'll be with the family. I'm not sure when everything will be wrapped up.

A couple days after that, is the whole estate/will crap that needs to be dealt with. I'm not sure if grandchildren are included in this, but Uncle Vern told me to hang on until the end of this week. He told me it will be crazy until then. I'm thinking that means we'll be around for that stuff...or we'll be constantly hearing about the fighting that is going on with all the money grabbing aunts in that family.

There is nothing that separates a family more than a death of a close relative. It's happened already once 2 years ago.

Anyway, after this week is over I see myself sitting around a campfire at Rock point, beer in hand, Jaela sleeping (because she WILL have finally crapped herself), relaxing until Sunday. Sunday we have the DeBoer shower for Jaela. I'm not sure if there have been a lot of RSVP's yet, but it will be nice seeing all of them again.



Happy Fathers Day to all those Dad's out there! Hope you had a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Bert said...

It was a lot of fun on Sunday. Jaela is a cute one, that's for sure. I've gotten my baby fix for the time being.

What, you didn't think I was the sensitive type ?. Babies are great.

Larissa said...

All Wikkerink men are baby lovers...everyone knows that :)

Bert said...

Guilty as charged.