I went into McMaster on Saturday morning and got "gelled". This is to begin an induction and dilating. I felt pretty good contractions all night from it. I went in to the hospital again on Sunday to see if there was any change. They told me I was 2-3cm dilated, so they didn't give me another dose of the gell. They said it would have just broken my water right then. I went all Sunday with minimal contractions...which was nice.
I was offically induced at 8am on Monday morning. They started me on oxytocin which begins contractions. I was feeling them pretty regularly, but they weren't strong at all. I was thinking it was pretty easy sailing at that point. Every 30min they upped the dose of the oxytocin. It wasn't really doing anything, so around 11am a resident broke my water. That was the most digusting thing ever. It was pretty nasty and she and the nurse were laughing were laughing at my reaction.
About 20min after my water was broken, I began feeling really bad contractions. My second one into it, I started ringing the call bell. There was NO way I was going to sit through those all day. It took a good 25min for the anesthetisiologist to come around, so that sucked pretty bad. It took about 3 attempts for her to get the epidural in, so it was like I had 3 epidurals in 1. It hurt pretty bad. After about 30min, that kicked in pretty nicely. That would have been about 12:30pm.
Around 3pm, the resident came by and checked me. She said that I was a good 4cm. I totally thought we were going to be there forever once she said that because it just seemed like a really long time for a couple cm difference.
Around 4:30, the epidural was still working..but only for the contractions. I began feeling A LOT of pressure, and that was pretty uncomfortable. The doc checked me again and said I was ready to push. Holy crap. That went pretty quick.
20 pushes or so later and a couple of profane outbursts Jaela was here. The nurse asked me before anything was started if I wanted the doctor to put her up on my chest right away...I said no way, please get her cleaned up first. :) Ew...That is what grossed me out soo much on Baby Story when people kissed their new baby that was all bloody and gunky.
The only thing I can really compare labour to is having to take the biggest most massive crap in the world, and not being able to until you're allowed to push.
Anyway, the whole process was "easy" just the whole feeling like a baby is trying to come out of my ass was hard. Enjoy :)
Ps. I took Jaela to the doctor's today. She gained 3 ounces since yesterday! Pretty good eh?! The doc said I was doing a good job :) When he went to weigh her, he took her clothes off and she needed her butt wiped. He wiped it with a cloth and then I told him to keep it there for a bit because she was going to crap again. She tends to do that, so you can't put a clean diaper under her until she's done her second round. Anyway, he said no don't worry, I'll be 2 seconds. When he picked her up and had her against him, she crapped and peed ALL OVER him. It was the biggest poop I've ever seen her do so far. I was laughing soo hard, but felt bad too. He didn't seem to mind that much though :)
7 comments:
Way to go Jaela! lol!
Oh and if it was so easy then why don't you want to do it ever again??
So happy she's here and that you both seem to be doing so well!
I wasn't saying it was the most easiest thing in the world...I was just saying that it wasn't as hard as everyone says it would be. I wouldn't ever do it again because I like a good feeling butt.
i can't wait to hold her! and did you see the heelarious shoes she could be wearing?!
Congratulations!! She's adorable, and has a beautiful name! I'm glad you are both doing well, and I look forward to many more posts and pictures.
Oh my goodness, those baby heels are hilarious. I'm actually surprised as well that they just came out with them. I'm just waiting for newborn nailpolish now :)
Larissa, please don't hold back. Just tell us like it is.
Post a Comment