Friday, August 01, 2008

3 Whole Days Off...nothing to do!

Well the long weekend is upon us and our plans have been cancelled. :( We were going to go camping with a bunch of people at Rock Point Provincial Park from Friday until Monday, but we couldn't get a site. They are all booked and the people that are on the non-reservable sites have all renewed to stay until Monday. Awesome for them, but kind of crappy for us. I'm not sure what we (James, Jaela and I) will do now. We could go visit Daniel, Nicole and the other campers for a beach day and campfire, but I'd rather stay for the whole weekend if I'm going to get eaten alive by mosquitos.

James and I (the weekend he proposed) went to Toronto for the day. We took the subway (which was incredibly foreign to us) and planned to shop at the Eaton Centre, go up the CN Tower and just copy what other tourist do...Well we didn't get to the Eaton Centre that day, so I was thinking maybe we should go on Saturday. That mall is actually open on Monday as well, but I think it would be a zoo if we went then. Anyway, I would love to check it out considering I've never been there. Alisha mentioned today that Gavin needs more jeans. H&M has really nice baby boy jeans, so I could swing by there and pick some up for him. Jaela has 1 pair and they are getting a little bit short for her, so I'd like another pair or 2 for her as well.

I just wonder if James would be on board with that. He's not typically into the shopping scene. I wouldn't have that problem if Alisha was around...sigh.

The Science Centre would also be another fun activity we could do. I've wanted to go there for the past couple years, but things always came up so we haven't gone. It's a really cool place to go. I wonder what exhibits are on right now...

On Monday (actually Sunday late night), Chelsea and Joey fly into Toronto. I think we might be planning to do something that day with them. Not sure what's going on yet though.

Anywho, I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe and have fun ;)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

That sucks.. we are stuck in the city this weekend too because of a wedding. Just come on over here for the weekend. I'll shop with you. :)

Bert said...

We did the subway thing a while ago with Nathan & Rueben and it was pretty cool.