Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's been a long time since I have blogged. It's actually been a long time since I've had time to blog. I have been working a lot lately and so when I get home, I spend most of my time with Jaela. She's getting so big, it's just crazy. My weekly schedule is usually working Wednesday to Friday, 6:30am until 10:30am, at Shalom Manor. The following week my schedule changes to Thursday to Sunday, 6:30am until 10:30am, at Shalom. The week that I don't work Wednesday's at Shalom, I work for a homecare company, called Homewell. That's a 6 hour day. I tend to pick up a few three hour shifts from Homewell here and there, when I can fit them in. I only have 20 more hours to do at Homewell and then I can quit there. THat will complete my community hours for school, and allow me to finally get my certificate. I can't wait for that day to come.

I don't see much of James lately. He works afternoons right now. 2:30pm until 1am. It's pretty brutal. I go to work at 5:50am and then he takes over with Jaela until I get home around 11am. He leaves at 2pm and so we only get a few hours each day as a family. Hopefully after Christmas he will be working days again. James actually just got a huge amazing raise from his boss. We thought it would be a couple dollars, but it was a SEVEN dollar raise! Awesome!! His boss told him not to tell anyone he works with because he was the only one who deserved it! He also told James that he sees a lot of good in him, loves his work ethic and attitude.

Jaela has 2 teeth now. The second bottom one is just above the surface of her gums, but you can clearly see the first one that came through when she smiles. She's really starting to get around now. She's flipping, pulling and rolling herself wherever she wants to go. Her 6 month birthday was yesterday. Wow. Time goes by so fast.

I got our Christmas tree today. Jaela and I decorated it while James as at work. I just couldn't wait to do it with him tomorrow. It looks really good and Jaela seems to love looking at it too. Here's a couple pictures of Jaela...



3 comments:

Alisha said...

Oh baby I miss you!!! She's so cute with that little hat on. Kiss her little facey for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love reading your blog... event though I see you more often, whatever.
Good pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing the tree!

Linda said...

I love that picture of you and Jaela. It's so pretty!

And, congratulations to James for the big raise!