Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1 Week of Torture...lack of sleep

Tonight is the first night I am offically withholding bottles from Jaela at night. She's now 8 months (beginning of next week) and she still gets up for 2 whole bottles at night. Once around 1am and the second time around 4:30. It's not going to happen anymore. I haven't actually decided whether or not to just let her scream it out for a few nights or if I will in 1 week, decrease the amounts of formula she gets when she wakes up. Anyway, I'm off from work until Sunday night, so these next few nights should be interesting...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time she started crying, I tried leaving her as long as I could. I went in there and she had a double nose bleed...She's just not meant to sleep through the night yet...

Anonymous said...

Awww don't tell me those things.
:(

Alisha said...

I heard some advice to try giving them a bit of water instead of milk... they will eventually realize it does nothing for them and they will stop waking up. I wouldn't take both bottles away from her though, try taking one away and give her water for the rest.

John Wikkerink said...

We will get up and give her a bottle. I know how hard it is to sleep when you are hungry.

Anonymous said...

Well Larissa...call Grampa then in the night. You heard him...he'll come.