Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Flu Bug

The last shift I worked was on Sunday night. There were a lot of residents with a flu bug...throwing up out of both ends! Tuesday evening, I caught that bug. I was throwing up all night. It was brutal. I had nothing to throw up because I hadn't eaten hardly anything all of Tuesday because I wasn't feeling great, and had the suspicion that I might have caught the flu. So I was drinking water so that when I had the urge to throw up, something would come up. My whole body hurt so bad the next day because of awful tensing and convulsing. It's a couple days later and I'm still not feeling great. I haven't had anything to eat and out of curiousity I stepped on the scale. I lost 5 pounds. I tried eating a bagel today, but after the first half, I felt like it wasn't sitting right. I tried grocery shopping today and came home with hardly anything! Nothing seemed appetizing. I work Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday night and then I'm off for over a week. We leave for Winnipeg on Thursday next week adn I feel like I have a lot to do before then. I have to exchange some things at the mall, clean up my house and pack (I'm really not looking forward to that). It doesn't seem like a lot when I write it down, I just feel like there's a lot to do right now. I hope tomorrow I can get a lot of sleep before my shift. I wonder if they make a gravol that doesn't make you tired...

1 comment:

tena_mom said...

Funny, no one wants to comment lest they catch it.
Mom