Thursday, February 26, 2009

Second Thoughts..

Well I did it. I took Jaela to get her ears pierced today. We picked out tiny white gold diamond earrings. She didn't really like being held down while we were marking out the spot where the earrings would go. She kept moving her head around and flailing her arms, so this process took a lot longer than I thought it would. She sat for a minute or two and then another lady came to work the second gun. I turned her around so that the back of her head was on my chest and I held her forehead tight towards me. Another lady came and held her hands. The two ladies got in position and...clip. Instant screaming of pain. I felt so horrible. Usually when Jaela cries, she pushes off of you, but this time she buried her head into my chest and just cried and cried. Oh man, I still feel bad. I almost have second thoughts now too. I didn't think I would feel this way, but I almost wish I hadn't gone through with it. What if she didn't want her ears pierced? She's not just a perfectly flawless baby anymore. She's got 2 foreign objects pierced through her earlobes now. When we left the salon I put her stroller and we walked to Tim Hortons. I ordered a coffee and bagel and Jaela asked for 2 honey dip timbits. We sat and ate together and she loved it. She was pretty happy at that point, smiling and waving at everyone through the windows and inside. When she was done her timbits, we left and walked around outside for a bit. We walked into Giant Tiger and the dollar store and then we packed up and drove home. She is very content, so I don't think her ears are bothering her at all. Anyway, here's a picture. I suppose it does look pretty cute now that all is said and done. I do feel awful though.



4 comments:

tena_mom said...

How much did you cry? I have tears. That's why I waited till you girls were 5 so that you could understand. All three were terrible anyway...Alisha the worst...it took about 3 or 4 people to hold her down. Brutal.
You tried to be brave and then burried your face into my jacket to sob.
Oh the memories.

John Wikkerink said...

I thought Jaela looked just beautiful before the mutilation. I hope she recovers soon.

Linda said...

They look so cute! Don't worry, she's forgotten the pain already.

Alisha said...

She's over it and it looks stinkin cute. If she doesn't want her ears pierced one day she can take them out but I'm sure she'll be glad you did it.