Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garden

I planted 3 different types of tomatoes, hot peppers, red peppers and cabbage today.  I'm really excited for the next few weeks when they start to grow and get fuller.  I have everything in cages so that they grow up, giving us more space for other things.  My peas seem to be doing well, despite all the rain we've had.  I'm not sure about my green onions though.  The germination of those are about 14 days I think.  I won't know how they are for a week and a half or so.  My strawberries are growing and doing well too.  They seem to be pretty hardy, because I can move them around and they still want to grow and live.  I planted the cabbage right on the end of the strawberry patch.  I'm hoping that there's enough space there for it.  I have never grown one before, so I'm not sure how big they get.  Once it's good and ready to be harvested :) I'll make some cabbage rolls with it.  Mmmm.  I'm a little fearful to eat too many because of the last time I did.  I woke up to a black mouth from the sulfur in the cabbage reacting with the peptobismol chew tablets I had from the heartburn the cabbage rolls gave me.  Brutal.  Anyway, I'll take pictures now and then of my (Jaela's) veggie's.  I'm also going to take a pot with a tomato plant in it to my work, for my residents to have on their patio. 

No comments: