Monday, May 28, 2007

So this is the beginning of what we have done so far to our house. It looks like a construction zone, but I am confident that when it is complete, it will look 100% better.

I never took a before picture of our ugly carpet...but this is it. Not great, as you can see.



Beginning the floor reno's. When I ripped up the carpet, there was a layer of padded foam. After the foam was a plywood layer. After that was old asbestos tiles. After the tiles was a wierd kind of pad to protect the hardwood. Once I got all of that out of the way, we could see what was underneath. It came as a surprise because the hardwood was in really good condition. I can't wait to sand/finish it!


This little area in our back hall, took me a couple days to do. I didn't want to dent the flooring, so I took up little bits at a time of the plywood. Sooooo many nails though. It would make it a lot easier if there were not so many.


This is the hallway going into the living room. You can see here that we will need to replace all of our baseboards and trim. No biggy though, it will spruce everything up a bit.


It was really hard to do this small area above the register. They were little 2 inch pieces and nails were driven in them deep. I broke one piece in 2 already trying to get the nails out.


It looks pretty good though. Everything is straight, cracks aren't too bad, there isn't any rust stains where nails holes were and we didn't have that black ring in the holes either. I can't wait to get it all complete!

No comments: