Monday, November 26, 2007

Productivity - Gotta love it!

This weekend we got SO much done on our house!!! Our kitchen cupboards are now complete. I love the black colour of them! The original hardware looks pretty good right now too. I think that can be one of the last things that we change because it's not too bad. The kitchen is in working order...finally. The table is where it is supposed to be and the dishes and everything is in their right places. We haven't painted the walls yet, but that will be another job. We've got to fix all of the cracks before we can proceed. I put up some garland/lights/ornaments above our cupboards to hide the hideous stenciling for now...until we paint. It looks a lot better than it does in the picture. We are getting a new countertop and doing a backsplash too. That should be here sometime beginning of next year.



The dishes are from baking yesterday. I'm getting around to them now :)


Looks pretty sharp!

Our living room floor!!! It's finally almost done!!! This is the first coat of polyurethane. We have to do 1 or 2 more still...but this is basically what it will look like. We don't have a light in that room right now, so the picture is pretty dark, but you get the idea. Now for our baseboards and we'll be all set. I bought a sofa and love seat, but I just returned them today because I changed my mind about them. I'm thinking now, just a sofa and 2 chairs. I think it will look stylish and give us some extra room in there. I'll post pics of what we actually decide on.

It feels really good finally get this stuff done. It's been unfinished for so long now. I can't wait for the day that everything is pretty well done and we can just relax and admire the work that we've put into our little house. I went for a while just hating this place, but I'm really loving it again. It's perfect for us right now!

This weekend is December 1st and that means we'll be going on Saturday to cut down our first Christmas tree :) Oh I just can't wait. We'll take the dog and it will just be way too cute. All of our Christmas decorations will be up and I'll let everyone see that too.

I am also 3 months preggo on Friday. I'll begin posting pictures of myself then.

4 comments:

mmichele said...

wow! looks great. all of it.

I'm back...... said...

I LOVE the kitchen! Very elegant looking! I hope to see it sometime! Can't wait to see more pics!

Bert said...

Very nice. Keep away from the polyurethane though. Not really the best thing for you to breathe right now.

Larissa said...

Yeah we were living at my mother in laws for about 4 days until the smell went away...