Friday, February 08, 2008

My Sore Back

I remember when we were young my dad put his back out. He would try to get as comfortable as he could on our hard couch or the floor. When he had to go to the bathroom (that's the only reason he would get up) he'd hang on to the tops of the doors, the walls, anything...

I understand now why he did all of this. I have never had my back hurt as much as it does right now. I can't sit or lay down without being in excrutiating pain. I am so not even joking. Last night was horrible. I tried to turn around, lay on my side, stomach or whatever, but nothing worked. Every millimetre in any direction was brutal. I tried moving soooo slowly, holding my breathe when shifting...nothing helped.

I'm not sure what brought this on. For the last 3 days it hurt, but not as bad as last night and today. I'm not going to my chiropracter either because she's a rip off, so maybe I'll try out James' sometime soon.

We were supposed to go out with our friends tonight to the Moose and Goose in Thorald. Every Friday night it's country and the line dancing is great. We have SO much fun. I will not be going though. They have all benches and booths to sit in and it just wouldn't be great.

Anyway, not to sound like I'm complaining (yah right, this is awful)..I don't really have any other news. I went to the doctors on Tuesday this week. Everything was fine. I've gained 7lbs in total to date with the pregnancy. I freaked when they told me that. I haven't even noticed it. My pants aren't tight, my double chin is only around when I laugh lol, so I'm really hoping it's just in my stomach. My doctor said that I could expect to gain 1 pound every week from here on in. Yah right. That is NOT happening. When he was probing my stomach (that sounds yucky), he couldn't find the heartbeat because the baby was moving around so much. When he finally got it, he listened for about 5 seconds and then BOOF. The baby kicked really hard right on the proby thing. It was kind of cool. That was the hardest kick I have felt actually.

We are going tomorrow to look for a crib. We'll see if we find "the one". I don't care if we don't have that for awhile though. James started taking out a wall to extend the closet in the baby room. We bought the flooring and hopefully I will have the painting all done this weekend.

I am hungry though so I'm out. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Don't do anything to strain your backs either!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad for you! you should call nicole over to give you a back massage and play with your hair -- she's fantasic!!
i can't wait to see pics of the baby room done -- it sounds like its going to be super cute.
feel better!
~ hannelle