Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I don't think I'm nesting, I just want everything ready and done...now.

The crib and change table is ordered. I can finally let out a big sigh of relief. They should be shipped here in about 10-14 days. I'm hoping sooner than later though. Here's what they look like...



I'm beginning to start packing bags for the hospital. I might be there a day or two extra because they are going to "wean" me off of the needles I am on, and put me on a pill form. I can't go home until my bloodwork is 100% normal so the doctor said it may take a couple days.

So far I have...
-Babys going home outfit (boy and girl)
-Dubies (soother/pacifier) to match the outfits
-Vaseline
-Toiletries for James and I
-P.J's

I just started, so I'm definately not finished packing yet. I'm not totally sure what kinds of things I need in the first place though. Things I still need to buy are new slippers and a robe.

If anyone can think of important things to pack for James, the baby or myself, let me know! Thanks :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

In every single "babies first picture" that I see the mothers always have really tired sweaty looks on their faces. This is completely understandable but at the same time I can't understand why all you mothers don't have hair clips, elastics and anything else you need to put your hair up and out of the way!

Alisha said...

Bring cash and lots of it. Hospital food is nasty and you'll want to buy food at places that might not have debit. Bring along some candies to suck on and body spray so that when people hug you you'll smell nice and have good breath.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the camera so you can be the first one to take pictures of your little guy.

Karen

Morgie said...

Don't forget your phone book so you can call me when the little bundle of Joy arrives:)

Anonymous said...

Lots of cornflakes! :0

Larissa said...

Cornflakes?

Bert said...

Good suggestions Alisha. Make sure there is a Tim Hortons in driving distance so James can grab a quick coffee between contractions.

Bert said...

I just noticed Larissa, you said something about "dubies". That's slang for marijuana also. Did Cheech & Chong write a child rearing book ?.

Larissa said...

haha, the last time Alisha, Frank and Gavin were down that's the new name we all thought up for a soother. The kids my mom used to babysit called them Dupie's so we changed it slightly :P

Alisha said...

We've used the word dubie since that trip home. I think it will stick.

Anonymous said...

Bring magazines with lots of pictures, gossip, and short articles, as you'll be bored when the baby is sleeping and the visitors have left, but too tired to read more than a page at a time.
Also bring headphones for the tv, some midnight snacks, and flip flops (hospital floors are gross, and it's easier to get around on flip flops- you can even wear them in the shower).

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad "dubie" is sticking. That was a fun visit.

mmichele said...

nicole, i have to say that i can't wait for you to ask that question again after you go through labour... i mean if it's just an hour or two, i'm sure your hair will look great, but if it goes on for a day... the clips just might fall out. :)