Friday, December 05, 2008

"Sigh"

I feel like I'm beginning to feel crappy. Not really depressed, but unmotivated, frusterated, bored...Feelings like that. I'm just looking at our unfinished wall in our kitchen. Again. It's still not done.

Daniel is coming tomorrow to pack up the things in our loft and move them to their new place. James and I are helping..Hopefully Dad and Caleb come out too. (HINT HINT) In turn with helping Daniel, he's going to help us. We need an outlet installed on the other side of the new piece of drywall we put up, between the kitchen and living room. There is no outlet to plug in our lamps anywhere. Once the outlet is installed, we will hopefully get the wall finished. We painted the living room again. It's a light boring beige colour. It looks really good against the new furniture set we purchased too. The trim is in the garage, just sitting there.

I have 4 days off. My hopes are to get James to complete the living room. I will be helping of course. It's not like I'm slave driving or anything. Soo...once the living room is done, I need to paint the hallway a dark colour. I want to hide the ugly plaster imperfections. I then need to paint the kitchen over. It's too dark of a green for the size of our house. It's making it seem so dark inside. I'm just going to go a shade of green lighter than it is.

Everyone once in a while I feel really sick of this house. Sick of the size, condition, location...I would so so so so love to get it finished and move. (Right now anyway. My feelings will probably change once again, when something else gets finished the way I want it.) But in the meantime, I want a bigger house. One with 3 floors, a basement rec room, 4 or 5 bedrooms, a HUGE awesome kitchen with lots of cupboard space, a separate food pantry closet, a big laundry room with a large counter in it to fold clothes on, an ensuite on the masterbedroom, large new windows, a double sink in the kitchen WITH a dishwasher, mature trees in the front yard, 2 bathrooms (excluding the ensuite), a carpetted playroom, and last but not least...an extra acre for Jaelas pony to run around.

Well I'm just going to sigh for a bit. I'll tidy the kitchen and then probably feel better afterwards.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are going to be very busy this weekend. I could possibly help by um...oh...babysit? :)

Morgie said...

Wow big house! You'll have enough room for me to move into it! And I can play with Jaela's Pony too!!

Bert said...

Hang in there. All the snow and dark weather is enough to put anyone in the blues. Christmas is coming !!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a house... I wanna move it too.
And I was just starting to think that this place isn't so bad and maybe I don't mind such a tiny place after all. It could be the new Christmas tree though.