Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big Dreams, Big Plans

I have big dreams. We begin the beginning of those big dreams tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

When I think of where James, Jaela and I will be in 5 years, I'm clueless. I have no idea what we will be up to, where we will be living, where and if I will be working or if I will be pursuing higher education, where Jaela will be going to school, if she will have another sibling etc.. A lot of things. I'm excited though. Like, really really excited. My heart is almost pounding out of my chest even thinking about it because I know what I want, right now, for the future.

Ideas keep changing about what we want for our house and what we want to do with it. We have a new plan (once again...big surprise) and tomorrow we will be putting that plan into action. We meet with certain "peoples" and develop it together.

What is this big plan you may ask? I'm not telling...yet. It's big though. And exciting. You won't see the end all point to this plan for a number of years, but until that time comes around I'll let you in on some other things.

Our living room is almost complete. Opa came and put on the ledge/shelf for the pass through window between the kitchen and living room. It looks great! Once I get that primed, I'll paint that along with all of the trim in the room, do a couple touch ups and it will be finished! We'll then move on...

The second bedroom will be transformed into Jaela's playroom. It involves a wall of shelves and a big toy box. We'll rip out the carpet and install the same flooring as the living room. We will put foam pad interlocking tiles down over that for a nice soft floor. The plaster walls will be torn out and new drywall will be put up. I'm not quite sure what colour I will paint it, but I'm thinking a light purple...for if that becomes her bedroom.

The bathroom will be next in line. New toilet, new sink and vanity and new bathtub and a new window. It really needs it. We have everything picked out already between lowes and rona. Rona has airmiles, so we're thinking we will do everything through them. There is a large closet in the bathroom and coincidentally, our stackable washer/dryer fits into that closet. We'll put our laundry stuff in that closet and that free's up another main floor room in our house!

The kitchen will be next after the bathroom. New cabinets and new flooring are a must. I haven't decided what I want with the cabinets though. I'm not putting an expensive kitchen into this house because we may not get anything out of it. All I am thinking is a cheap painted MDF kitchen. It will be 100% better than what it is now and give the house a whole new look. As for colour, I still have to think about it. The ceiling in the kitchen is horrific. The plaster is cracking really bad, so we're going to put some strapping up and slap on some new drywall. James' cousin did this in his house (the twin of this one actually) and it looks great.

The laundry room will be gutted and there will be 3 walls of shelving installed starting about half way up until the top of the room. It's going to be a closet/office. Trust me, it's goign to work :)

We'd like to renovate our bedroom, but it's not a big deal since nobody sees it anyway. We're also trying to think of something we could do with our basement. That isn't a huge deal either, but we'll work towards it.

As you can tell, there will be some extensive work going into our house. You're probably wondering if we'll be staying here for a while...the answer is yes. Not a long while, but we need enough time for our big plan to carry out.

I love it. Right now I'm really happy. We have everything we need, awesome family, great friends, an adorable little girl and a whole lotta love :)

Stay tuned for pictures and the enfolding of my big dream.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm want to come for coffee?

Larissa said...

Not really...you're so snoopy. Alisha called me right after she read this too.

Anonymous said...

Oh no no...I wasn't going to pry. I just wanted you to rub off your excitement on to me...that's all. Besides I already know what's happening. :)

Larissa said...

No you don't because Alisha doesn't even know.

Morgie said...

ahha ok I thought I was bad when i sent a fb msg as soon as i read this...maybe next time i'll call you! But I can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

So you James and Jaela are finally doing it huh? Never thought you would after all the talking about how you wouldn't do it....I didn't see it coming, and I know Mom and Dad didn't either...what is the actual date you picked to move to Winnipeg anyway?

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Oh Daniel...you are sooooo funny. Too bad I know and you don't.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you think you know.

Alisha said...

Hey now, I only called you because you called me first. I wasn't snooping... we all know you'll blab soon enough although I'm pretty sure I know what you are doing.

Linda said...

Looking forward to hearing some more details...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it must of been a dream.

Bert said...

Please, just as long as the big plan doesn't involve Amway.