We're renovating our bathroom tomorrow. At rona they have a scratch card event, where you scratch a card and can get anywhere from 5-50% off the price of whatever you're buying. So we're getting our tub, vanity, flooring and wainscotting there tomorrow. I'm super excited. I'm not too excited to not have a toilet for a day though. I may have to run to the neighbours a couple times :) This is my vision...
Light blue paint on the walls, white wainscotting, our new toilet is really cute, new white tub with white tub kit for the walls, white vanity, brushed nickel looking light fixture and water spout things lol, a really cute framed oval mirror and a tan colour slate tile for the flooring. I took before pictures and hopefully next week I'll post finished pictures. I can't wait to be able to sit in a clean tub!!! I'm super excited.
Tomorrow marks another special day. The day we go and get our kitchen designed and priced!!!!!!!! I'm sooo super excited. It's not going to be a super amazing kitchen, it's not going to be anything comparable to an Elmwood ktichen, but it's going to be new and 100% better than the crap cupboards we have now. It's going to be quite the job. All the plaster on the walls is going so that we start fresh with new drywall, the ceiling will be redrywalled too and I'm sure we're going to have to be moving electrical and plumbing around too. Oh my goodness, we're also getting a DISHWASHER!!!!!! No one has any idea how much I want one. Mark my words, I will NEVER have another dirty dish laying around once I have one. Seriously, I'm not even joking.
Anyway, this weekend is going to be quite the weekend. Quite an expensive weekend, but if we want to sell our house..eventually..we've gotta get going on this stuff. Anyone want a job this summer painting the exterior of our place?? We need to do that too. I'm thinking Caleb and Chris may want some spending money...I have yet to talk to them though :) Anyway, cross your fingers and wish us luck. We're nervous of what's behind our old tub (mold, dead stuff etc..) so hopefully we're not going to have to replace the subfloor or anything!
2 comments:
awww sounds awesome..
And i may need a summer job! lol
lol sweet! :) You'll have to come and see once its done!
Post a Comment