Friday, May 08, 2009

Mother's Day

This Sunday marks the first Mother's Day I will ever celebrate. I'm quite excited. I've been working on a wish list for awhile now, although I still really don't know what I should put down. I would like to start doing a Mother's Day brunch or something that only my husband, child(ren) and myself celebrate together. I only have a couple more days to figure this out too.

I had some ideas of plants, trees and shrubs that I may want for my garden. I don't really want to plant anything at the front of my house until our new porch is ready and built. I do know that I want a weeping mulberry somewhere...I love those mulberries. It reminds me of when Nicholas and I would go under Opa and Oma's and eat them until we were sick. Anyway, I like the look of one that is nicely kept. I also love sedum plants. I think they are sooo gorgeous in fall. I might put a couple more plants around the house.

I am not a huge fan of hostas, but the one side of my house in completely shaded and I'm in need of something to put there. I still have to experiment with some other shade loving plants for that space.

My tulips that I planted last year are almost bloomed and I love them. I am undecided whether or not I'm going to plant more.

I would like some dahlias and bearded iris' too.

I almost have the outside ready for new soil and once I get everything planted, I would like some type of chip layed down. Not sure what kind or colour, but I really like the red dyed bark chips or cedar chips.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let everyone know how my first Mother's Day went as well as how my garden is coming long. Tah Tah!

1 comment:

Morgie said...

I hope you have a wonderful first Mothers Day!!! :)