Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 - A Whole New Year

My stay-at-home mommy, housewife, no scheduling, flexible and easy life, is coming to an end. My one year maternity leave is ending next month, which means I am going back to work. Right now, I'm actually nervous about it. Whether or not I'll be able to pick things up from where I left off, which of my residents have passed away or moved off of my floor, which RN I will have the pleasure of working with, etc. etc.

The biggest thing I worry about is my sweet little Aeris. She will be 10 months when I go back. I went off a couple months early because bending, positioning, moving people became really uncomfortable. My mom and my husbands mom will be watching them for us. I work only 12 shifts per month and they are always, work 2 off for 3. It's just going to be so different for Aeris, not being at home with me. Jaela will most likely love the attention from her Mama's (grandma's). This maternity leave really though, was for both kids. I never had a mat leave or time off with Jaela, so it has been wonderful being with her everyday uninterupted by work or school.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bert said...

And here I thought coming back to work after a 2 week Christmas break was going to be tough.

Larissa said...

That is tough too! Hope you had a relaxing first day back.

mmichele said...

Oh, yeah. I can relate. Hard to start a new routine. I hope everyone ends up enjoying it. And that the girls love their grandma time!