The summer after we moved into our house we planted one lonely strawberry plant. Well this plant grew. It grew and it grew and it grew, until we had a massive bush that was overtaking our back lawn. Despite mowing it down and pulling plants out, it did really well. This year we decided to build a raised bed for them. I only took about one fifth of the strawberry plants we had and planted them in their new bed. We made the raised bed very long so that one half would be for some veggies. So far I have planted the peas that I had started in pots. I also planted a couple rows of green onion. I'm still waiting to get my tomato plants from James' uncle, who had started them for us a while back.
Jaela LOVES to get her hands dirty with helping out, while Aeris likes to get her mouth dirty while helping. Jaela loves to eat what she has grown too. Last year I remember her picking and eating white strawberries, which never bothered her. I can't wait until she sees what will come up from the soil this year.
While Nicole and I were weeding my flower beds, Nicole saw a big fluff of fur. She found a rabbit nest. I peeled back the fur, and about 4 little bunnies were underneath. Jaela wanted to grab them up, but I wouldn't let her. Their eyes weren't even open yet. We kept looking at them every day to see how they were. A few days later, their eyes were open and a day after that they were gone :( We found one a couple days after that hopping around our front lawn. She tried really hard to catch that one, but didn't have any luck. Anyway, no more bunnies around here anymore. Jaela has such a wild spirit. She loves the outdoors, loves animals and insects and loves to get dirty. She's her mama's daughter, that's for sure.
We're going camping for her birthday next week. NEXT WEEK my baby turns 3. What a wonderful couple years it has been. Her first year sucked for me. haha. Anyway, I can't wait to go camping for the first time this year with them. We're going to have so much fun. The trailer is washed and cleaned, so all I have to do is pack it up. I'll be sure to post some camping pictures on facebook.
Well, I've rambled long enough. Aeris is also up from her nap. When Jaela gets up, Daniel is taking her on a bike ride so I am going shopping with Aeris.
My lilac bush is in full bloom!
Strawberries on the left, veggies on the right.
1 comment:
woo hoo! A new blog post! You are making me feel inspired to write one too but my kids won't let me... sigh* Nice work in the back yard though!
Post a Comment